Monday, January 26, 2015

Prophet Abraham (PBUH) examines Fathers blind belief ! -Verses of Glorious Quran explained.

"And verily thy Lord is He, the Exalted in Might,
Most Merciful.
And rehearse to them (something of) Abraham's
story.
Behold, he said to his father and his people: “What
worship ye? "
They said: "We worship idols, and we remain
constantly in attendance on them.”
He said: “Do they listen to you when you call (on
them).
Or do you good or harm? "
They said: "Nay, but we found our fathers doing
thus (what we do)."
He said: "Do you then see whom ye have been
worshipping... "
Ye and your fathers before you? ...
"For they are enemies to me; not so the Lord and
Cherisher of the Worlds:
"Who created me, and it is He who guides me;
"Who gives me food and drink; "
And when I am ill, it is He who cures me:
"Who will cause me to die, and then to live (again)
:
"And who, I hope, will forgive me my faults on the
Day of Judgement. "
[Surah Al Shu'ara 26:68-82]
Nothing that the powers of Evil can do, will ever
defeat the Merciful Purpose of ALLAH (Subhana Wa
Ta'la).
Evil in resisting good, will affect its own
destruction.
For the argument of this Surah the incidents in
Abraham's life are not relevant and are not
mentioned.
What is mentioned are:
(1) the steps by which he taught about the sin of
false worship, in the form of a Dialogue;
(2) the aims of the righteous man not only for his
individual life, but for his ancestors and posterity,
in the form of a Prayer; and
(3) a picture of the Future Judgement, in the form
of a vision.
(i) is covered by verses Surah 26:70-82
(ii) by Surah 26:83-87;
(iii) by 88-102.
They want to show their true and assiduous
devotion. But Abraham goes at once to the heart
of the matter by asking: "To whom is your
devotion paid? Is the object worthy of it?
The things that you worship are enemies in
mankind: Let me testify from my own personal
experience: they are enemies to me: they can do
me no good, but would lead me astray.
Contrast with their importance or their power of
mischief the One True God Whom I worship. He
created me and all the Worlds. He cherishes me
and guides me. He takes care of me and when I
die, He will give me new life. He will forgive me and
grant me final Salvation.
Will you then come to this true worship? How can
you doubt, after seeing the contrast of the one with
the other? Is it not as the contrast between Light
and Darkness?
Subhana ALLAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment