Tuesday, January 27, 2015

German Footballer Reverts to Islam

OnIslam & Newspapers
Monday, 26 January 2015 00:00
CAIRO – Germany's young footballer Danny
Blum has announced his reversion to Islam,
describing it as a religion of hope and
strength.
"Islam gives me hope and strength. Pray
calms my soul," Blum told Bild newspaper
on Monday, January 26.
"I was short-tempered, erratic and did not
know where I belong," he added.
Blum joined 1. FC Nürnberg in Bavaria last
July. The team plays in the he Second
Division of professional football in
Germany, the Bundesliga.
Shortly after joining the team, he injured his
knee and was forced eventually to take six
months off.
A few weeks ago, he took the decision to revert
to Islam, joining the world’s fastest growing
religion.
"Living in the lap of luxury. Every weekend
make alarm. No responsibility for anything.
And what actually comes after retirement?” the
questions came to Blum as he sat at home.
Talking with his friends about religion, he
landed in Islam.
"I have visited a mosque and I immediately
risen the heart. I felt this is something for me
and wanted to know more," Blum told Bild.
Ever since, he prays five times a day and eat
halal food. Informing his parents with his
decision, the 24-year-old player said they were
scare at first.
"They are devout Christians. But soon they
said that I have to go that route if I believe
that it is right," he said.
“Islam is a peaceful religion. My faith says:
never force anyone to do what he c  not
want. If you think, it has to come voluntarily
from the heart!"
Germany is believed to be home to nearly 4
million Muslims, including 220,000 in Berlin
alone. Turks make up an estimated two thirds
of the Muslim minorit

No comments:

Post a Comment