Saturday, February 21, 2015

The First Crime on Earth.

Allah the Almighty says:
“And tell them accurately the story of the two sons
of Adam. When the two offered their sacrifices, the
offering of the one was accepted but that of the
other was not accepted.
The latter said, "I will kill you. "
The other answered, "Allah accepts the offerings of
the pious people only.
*1 Even if you stretch your hand to kill me, I shall
not lift my hand to kill you,” *2 for I fear Allah, the
Lord of the Universe; I would rather prefer that you
should bear the burden of my sin as well as of
your own sin, *3 and become a dweller of hell; this
is the just retribution of the iniquity of the
aggressors." Even after this his evil soul prompted
him to slay his brother without the slightest
compunction; so he killed him and became one of
the losers. Then Allah sent a raven which began to
scratch the ground to show him how he might hide
the corpse of his brother. Seeing this, he cried,
"Woe be to me! I have not been able to do even as
this raven has done and so devise a plan of hiding
the corpse of my brother." *4 After this he became
very remorseful (regretful) of what he had done.
(Glorious Quran, Al-Maeda, 5:27-31)
==============================
*1 That is, "It is no fault of mine if your sacrifice
has not been accepted; it is because you lack
piety. You should, therefore, try to foster piety in
yourself instead of making an attempt at slaying
me."
*2 It does not mean: "If you attempt to kill me, 1
will sit with folded hands before you, ready to be
killed without any resistance." What it means is:
"You may cherish evil intentions of murdering me,
but I will not you may make schemes for my
murder but I will do nothing to forestall you, even
after knowing that you are making preparation for
my murder." In this connection, it should be
understood clearly that it is not virtue to offer
oneself for murder, nor is it a virtue to refrain from
resisting an aggressive attack. True virtue is that
one should not plan the murder of an enemy
though he might be in search of an opportunity to
kill the one. A virtuous man would rather prefer,
like the noble son of Adam, that the enemy might
be the aggressor and not he.
*3 That is, "I would rather prefer that you alone
should be guilty of the sin of cherishing evil
intentions of slaying me than that I should also be
guilty of the same. Thus you shall bear the burden
of your own sin of aggression as well as of the
injury that I might inflict on you in self-defense."
*3 Thus Allah warned the erring son of Adam of his
ignorance and folly through a raven. And when
once he became aware of the fact that the raven
was better equipped for hiding the dead body, he
was not only filled with remorse on this account
but also began to feel that he had done an evil
deed by slaying his brother. This is implied in:
"After this he became very remorseful of what he
had done "
======================
Sadaq Allah...
( Explanation : Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi - Tafhim
al-Qur'an)

No comments:

Post a Comment