Friday, October 17, 2014

Prophet Mohammed, Mercy to the entire world.

The people of Ta’'if ordered their children to throw
rocks and stones at prophet Muhammad (peace be
upon him) to drive them out of the city. The rocks
that were thrown at him by the children caused
him to bleed seriously, so much that his feet
became stuck to his shoes by the drying blood.
When Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
was outside the city walls, he almost collapsed.
They went a short distance outside of the town and
stopped in a vineyard that belonged to two
Meccans who were there at the time.
The owners of the vineyard had seen how he had
been persecuted in Mecca and on this occasion
they felt some sympathy toward their fellow citizen.
They had his wounds dressed, and let him rest and
recuperate until he felt strong enough to resume
his journey across the rough terrain between Ta’if
and Mecca. It was there that he had the famous
encounter with the angel of the mountains.
We have the following account from `Â’ishah, the
wife of the Prophet (peace be upon him), when she
asked him: “Was there ever a day that was worse
for you than the Battle of Uhud?”
The Prophet replied:
Your tribe (Quraysh) had troubled me a lot, and the
most severe of this trouble was on the day of
'Aqaba when I presented myself to Ibn `Abd Yalâyil
b. `Abd Kulâl and he did not respond to my
request. So I departed, overwhelmed with sorrow,
and proceeded on, without rest until I found myself
at Qarn al-Tha`âlib where I lifted my head towards
the sky to see a cloud shading me unexpectedly. I
looked up and saw within it Gabriel. He called me
saying: “Allah has heard what your people have
been saying to you, and how they have disputed
you. Allah has sent the Angel of the Mountains to
you so that you may order him to do whatever you
wish to these people.”
The Angel of the Mountains called and greeted me,
and then said: “O Muhammad! Order what you
wish. If you like, I will cause the two mountains to
fall upon them.”
I said: “No, for I hope that Allah will bring forth
from their progeny people who will worship Allah
Alone, and none besides Him.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî
(4/81, 8/168). Sahîh Muslim (3/1420)]
We have only sent you as a means of mercy for the
entire world'. (Glorious Quran, 21:107)

No comments:

Post a Comment