Monday, September 29, 2014

EX-Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam

Former Nigerian footballer and Mohammedan SC
coach Emeka Ezeugo announced that he has
embraced Islam after being inspired by the life of
Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him). Emeka
went to a Muslim cleric last week along with
Mohammedan manager Amirul Islam, his former
team-mate Kaiser Hamid, Zaker party leader Amir
Faisal and club official Abu Hasan Prince to
convert to Islam.
The former footballer, who represented Nigeria in
the 1994 World Cup after playing for
Mohammedan Sporting Club for nearly a decade,
said he feels honoured to be a follower of the
great prophet who he thinks is the greatest
among all messengers of god.
‘I am always a curious person and studied
different religions when I found the life of Prophet
Mohammad (peace be upon him) very inspiring,’
Emeka told New Age on Monday.
Emeka, who now has taken a new name Mustafa
Mohammed, claimed that his family has accepted
his decision, though they all are members of
Roman Catholic Church.
‘I am a grown up man brother. I am free to make
my own decisions. None of my family members
protested the decision,’ said Emeka.
Emeka, however, said that the large number of
friends he made in Bangladesh is like his family
and they gave him good support in making the
decision.
‘Bangladesh is my second home and I have some
friends here who are like my brothers. They
helped me in making the decision,’ Emeka said.
Emeka, 44, said he could not express his feeling
about becoming a Muslim and felt like a
Bangladeshi and it became stronger after
converting to Islam. His life has become more
disciplined as he has to offer prayers more now
and follow some other rituals of the religion.
‘I have just planted a seed and now I have to
nourish it into a tree. I know that I will discover
many good sides of this decision with time but at
this moment I can say the religion has made my
life more disciplined,’ said Emeka.
He added that he will apply for a new passport
with his new name once he returns to his home
in Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment