Monday, October 6, 2014

Actions while Praying

Sahih al-Bukhari - Sahih al-Bukhari is a collection of hadith compiled by Imam Muhammad al-Bukhari (d. 256 AH/870 AD) (rahimahullah). His collection is recognized by the overwhelming majority of the Muslim world to be the most authentic collection of reports of the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (phub). It contains over 7500 hadith (with repetitions) in 97 books.

Vol. 2, Book 22

More hadith added soon inshaallah , keep visit our blog

2.289:
Narrated Kuraib Maula Ibn `Abbas: `Abdullah bin `Abbas said
that he had passed a night in the house of Maimuna the mother
of the faithful believers , who was his aunt. He said, "I
slept across the bed, and Allah's Apostle along with his wife
slept lengthwise. Allah's Apostle slept till midnight or
slightly before or after it. Then Allah's Apostle woke up,
sat, and removed the traces of sleep by rubbing his hands over
his face. Then he recited the last ten verses of Surat−Al
`Imran (2). Then he went towards a hanging leather
water−container and performed a perfect ablution and then
stood up for prayer." `Abdullah bin `Abbas added, "I got up
and did the same as Allah's Apostle had done and then went and
stood by his side. Allah's Apostle then put his right hand
over my head and caught my right ear and twisted it. He
offered two rak`at, then two rak`at, then two rak`at, then two
rak`at, then two rak`at, then two rak`at and then offered one
rak`a witr. Then he lay down till the Mu'adh−dhin came and
then he prayed two light rak`at and went out and offered the
early morning (Fajr) prayer."
2.290:
Narrated `Abdullah: We used to greet the Prophet while he was
praying and he used to answer our greetings. When we returned
from An−Najashi (the ruler of Ethiopia), we greeted him, but
he did not answer us (during the prayer) and (after finishing
the prayer) he said, "In the prayer one is occupied (with a
more serious matter)."
2.291:
Narrated `Abdullah The same as No. 290. from the Prophet.
2.292:
Narrated Zaid bin Arqam: In the lifetime of the Prophet we
used to speak while praying, and one of us would tell his
needs to his companions, till the verse, 'Guard strictly your
prayers (2.238) was revealed. After that we were ordered to
remain silent while praying.
2.293:
Narrated Sahl bin Sa`d: The Prophet went out to affect a
reconciliation between the tribes of Bani `Amr bin `Auf and
the time of the prayer became due; Bilal went to Abu Bakr and
said, "The Prophet is detained. Will you lead the people in
the prayer?" Abu Bakr replied, "Yes, if you wish." So Bilal
pronounced the Iqama and Abu Bakr led the prayer. In the
meantime the Prophet came crossing the rows (of the praying
people) till he stood in the first row and the people started
clapping. Abu Bakr never looked hither and thither during the
prayer but when the people clapped too much, he looked back
and saw the Prophet in the (first) row. The Prophet waved him
to remain at his place, but Abu Bakr raised both his hands and
sent praises to Allah and then retreated and the Prophet went
forward and led the prayer. (See Hadith No. 295 & 296)
2.294:
Narrated `Abdullah bin Mas`ud: We used to say the greeting,
name and greet each other in the prayer. Allah's Apostle heard
it and said:−−"Say, 'at−tahiyyatu lil−lahi was−salawatu
wat−taiyibatu . Assalamu 'Alaika aiyuha−n−Nabiyu
wa−rahmatu−l−lahi wa−barakatuhu. _ Assalamu alaina wa−'ala
'ibadi−l−lahi as−salihin.. Ashhadu an la ilaha illa−l−lah wa
ashhadu anna Muhammadan `Abdu hu wa Rasuluh. (All the
compliments are for Allah and all the prayers and all the good
things (are for Allah). Peace be on you, O Prophet, and
Allah's mercy and blessings (are on you). And peace be on us
and on the good (pious) worshipers of Allah. I testify that
none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that
Muhammad is His slave and Apostle.) So, when you have said
this, then you have surely sent the greetings to every good
(pious) worship per of Allah, whether he be in the Heaven or
on the Earth . "
2.295:
Narrated Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "The saying 'Sub Han
Allah' is for men and clapping is for women." (If something
happens in the prayer, the men can invite the attention of the
Imam by saying "Sub Han Allah". And women, by clapping their
hands).
2.296:
Narrated Sahl bin Sa`d, The Prophet said, "The saying 'Sub Han
Allah' is for men and clapping is for women.
2.297.1:
Narrated Anas bin Malik: While Abu Bakr was leading the people
in the morning prayer on a Monday, the Prophet came towards
them suddenly having lifted the curtain of `Aisha's house, and
looked at them as they were standing in rows and smiled. Abu
Bakr tried to come back thinking that Allah's Apostle wanted
to come out for the prayer. The attention of the Muslims was
diverted from the prayer because they were delighted to see
the Prophet. The Prophet waved his hand to them to complete
their prayer, then he went back into the room and let down the
curtain. The Prophet expired on that very day.
2.297.2:
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "A woman called
her son while he was in his hermitage and said, 'O Juraij' He
said, 'O Allah, my mother (is calling me) and (I am offering)
my prayer (what shall I do)?' She again said, 'O Juraij!' He
said again, 'O Allah ! My mother (is calling me) and (I am
offering) my prayer (what shall I do)?' She again said, 'O
Juraij' He again said, 'O Allah! My mother (is calling me) and
(I am offering) my prayer. (What shall I do?)' She said, 'O
Allah! Do not let Juraij die till he sees the faces of
prostitutes.' A shepherdess used to come by his hermitage for
grazing her sheep and she gave birth to a child. She was asked
whose child that was, and she replied that it was from Juraij
and that he had come out from his hermitage. Juraij said,
'Where is that woman who claims that her child is from me?'
(When she was brought to him along with the child), Juraij
asked the child, 'O Babus, who is your father?' The child
replied, 'The shepherd.' " (See Hadith No 66
2. Vol 3).
2.298:
Narrated Mu'aiqib: The Prophet talked about a man leveling the
earth on prostrating, and said, "If you have to do so, then do
it once."
2.299:
Narrated Anas bin Malik: We used to pray with the Prophet in
scorching heat, and if someone of us could not put his face on
the earth (because of the heat) then he would spread his
clothes and prostrate over them.
2.300:
Narrated Aisha:
I used to stretch my legs towards the Qibla of the Prophet
while he was praying; whenever he prostrated he touched me,
and I would withdraw my legs, and whenever he stood up, I
would restretch my legs.
2.301:
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet once offered the prayer and
said, "Satan came in front of me and tried to interrupt my
prayer, but Allah gave me an upper hand on him and I choked
him. No doubt, I thought of tying him to one of the pillars of
the mosque till you get up in the morning and see him. Then I
remembered the statement of Prophet Solomon, 'My Lord ! Bestow
on me a kingdom such as shall not belong to any other after
me.' Then Allah made him (Satan) return with his head down
(humiliated)."
2.302:
Narrated Al−Azraq bin Qais: We were at Al−Ahwaz fighting the
Al−Haruriya (tribe). While I was at the bank of a river a man
was praying and the reins of his animal were in his hands and
the animal was struggling and he was following the animal.
(Shu`ba, a sub−narrator, said that man was Abu Barza
Al−Aslami). A man from the Khawarij said, "O Allah! Be harsh
to this sheik." And when the sheik (Abu Barza) finished his
prayer, he said, "I heard your remark. No doubt, I
participated with Allah's Apostle in six or seven or eight
holy battles and saw his leniency, and no doubt, I would
rather retain my animal than let it return to its stable, as
it would cause me much trouble. "
2.303:
Narrated `Aisha:
Once the sun eclipsed and Allah's Apostle stood up for the
prayer and recited a very long Sura and when bowed for a long
while and then raised his head and started reciting another
Sura. Then he bowed, and after finishing, he prostrated and
did the same in the second rak`a and then said, "These (lunar
and solar eclipses) are two of the signs of Allah and if you
see them, pray till the eclipse is over. No doubt, while
standing at this place I saw everything promised to me by
Allah and I saw (Paradise) and I wanted to pluck a bunch (of
grapes) therefrom, at the time when you saw me stepping
forward. No doubt, I saw Hell with its different parts
destroying each other when you saw me retreating and in it I
saw `Amr bin Luhai who started the tradition of freeing
animals (set them free) in the name of idols."
2.304:
Narrated Ibn `Umar: The Prophet saw some sputum on the wall
facing the Qibla of the mosque and became furious with the
people of the mosque and said, "During the prayer, Allah is in
front of everyone of you and so he should not spit (or said,
'He should not expectorate')." Then he got down and scratched
the sputum with his hand. Ibn `Umar said (after narrating),
"If anyone of you has to spit during the prayer, he should
spit to his left."
2.305:
Narrated Anas:
The Prophet said, "Whenever anyone of you is in prayer, he is
speaking in private to his Lord and so he should neither spit
in front of him nor on his right side but to his left side
under his left foot."
2.306:
Narrated Sahl bin Sa`d: The people used to offer the prayer
with the Prophet with their waist−sheets tied round their
necks because of the shortness of the sheets and the women
were ordered not to lift their heads till the men had sat
straight.
2.307:
Narrated `Abdullah: I used to greet the Prophet while he was
in prayer and he would return my greeting, but when we
returned (from Ethiopia) I greeted the Prophet (while he was
praying) but he did not return the greeting, and (after
finishing the prayer) he said, "In the prayer one is occupied
(with a more serious matter)."
2.308:
Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah: Allah's Apostle sent me for some
job and when I had finished it I returned and came to the
Prophet and greeted him but he did not return my greeting. So
I felt so sorry that only Allah knows it and I said to
myself,, 'Perhaps Allah's Apostle is angry because I did not
come quickly, then again I greeted him but he did not reply. I
felt even more sorry than I did the first time. Again I
greeted him and he returned the greeting and said, "The thing
which prevented me from returning the greeting was that I was
praying." And at that time he was on his Rahila and his face
was not towards the Qibla.
2.309:
Narrated Sahl bin Sa`d: The news about the differences amongst
the people of Bani `Amr bin `Auf at Quba reached Allah's
Apostle and so he went to them along with some of his
companions to affect a reconciliation. Allah's Apostle was
delayed there and the time for the prayer became due. Bilal
came to Abu Bakr! and said, "O Abu Bakr! Allah's Apostle is
detained (there) and the time for the prayer is due. Will you
lead the people in prayer?" Abu Bakr replied, "Yes, if you
wish." So Bilal pronounced the Iqama and Abu Bakr went forward
and the people said Takbir. In the meantime, Allah's Apostle
came piercing through the rows till he stood in the (first)
row and the people started clapping. Abu Bakr, would never
look hither and thither during the prayer but when the people
clapped much he looked back and saw Allah's Apostle. The
Prophet beckoned him to carry on. Abu Bakr raised both his
hands, praised Allah and retreated till he stood in the row
and Allah's Apostle went forward and led the people in the
prayer. When he had finished the prayer, he addressed the
people and said, "O people! Why did you start clapping when
something happened to you in the prayer? Clapping is for
women. Whenever one is confronted with something unusual in
the prayer one should say, 'Sub Han Allah'." Then the Prophet
looked towards Abu Bakr and asked, "What prevented you from
leading the prayer when I beckoned you to carry on?" Abu Bakr
replied, "It does not befit the son of Al Quhafa to lead the
prayer in the presence of Allah's Apostle.
2.310:
Narrated Abu Huraira: It was forbidden to keep the hands on
the hips during the prayer. (This is narrated by Abu Huraira
from the Prophet.)
2.311:
Narrated Abu Huraira: It was forbidden to pray with the hands
over one's hips.
2.312:
Narrated `Uqba bin Al−Harith: I offered the `Asr prayer with
the Prophet and after finishing the prayer with Taslim he got
up quickly and went to some of his wives and then came out. He
noticed the signs of astonishment on the faces of the people
caused by his speed. He then said, "I remembered while I was
in my prayer that a piece of gold was Lying in my house and I
disliked that it should remain with us throughout the night,
and so I have ordered it to be distributed."
2.313:
Narrated Abu Huraira, Allah's Apostle said, "When the Adhan
for the prayer is pronounced, then Satan takes to his heels
passing wind so that he may not hear the Adhan and when the
Mu'adh−dhin finishes, he comes back; and when the Iqama is
pronounced he again takes to his heels and when it is
finished, he again comes back and continues reminding the
praying person of things that he used not to remember when not
in prayer till he forgets how much he has prayed." Abu Salama
bin `Abdur−Rahman said, "If anyone of you has such a thing
(forgetting the number of rak`at he has prayed) he should
perform two prostrations of Sahu (i.e. forgetfulness) while
sitting." Abu Salama narrates this from Abu Huraira.
2.314:
Narrated Abu Huraira: People say that I narrate too many
narrations of the Prophet; once I met a man (during the
lifetime of the Prophet) and asked him, "Which Sura did
Allah's Apostle s recite yesterday in the `Isha' prayer?" He
said, "I do not know." I said, "Did you not attend the
prayer?" He said, "Yes, (I did)." I said, "I know. He recited
such and such Sura."
2.315:
Narrated `Abdullah bin Buhaina : Allah's Apostle once led us
in a prayer and offered two rak`at and got up (for the third
rak`a) without sitting (after the second rak`a). The people
also got up with him, and when he was about to finish his
prayer, we waited for him to finish the prayer with Taslim but
he said Takbir before Taslim and performed two prostrations
while sitting and then finished the prayer with Taslim.
2.316:
Narrated `Abdullah bin Buhaina : Allah's Apostle got up after
the second rak`a of the Zuhr prayer without sitting in between
(the second and the third rak`at). When he finished the prayer
he performed two prostrations (of Sahu) and then finished the
prayer with Taslim.
2.317:
Narrated' `Abdullah: Once Allah's Apostle offered five rak`at
in the Zuhr prayer, and somebody asked him whether there was
some increase in the prayer. Allah's Apostle said, "What is
that?" He said, "You have offered five rak`at." So Allah's
Apostle performed two prostrations of Sahu after Taslim.
2.318:
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet led us in the `Asr or the
Zuhr prayer and finished it with Taslim. Dhul−Yadain said to
him, "O Allah's Apostle! Has the prayer been reduced?" The
Prophet asked his companions in the affirmative. So Allah's
Apostle I offered two more rak`at and then performed two
prostrations (of Sahu). Sa`d said, "I saw that 'Ursa bin
Az−Zubair had offered two rak`at in the Maghrib prayer and
finished it with Taslim. He then talked (and when he was
informed about it) he completed the rest of his prayer and
performed two prostrations, and said, 'The Prophet prayed like
this.' "
2.319:
Narrated Abu Huraira. Once Allah's Apostle offered two rak`at
and finished his prayer. So Dhul−Yadain asked him, "Has the
prayer been reduced or have you forgotten?" Allah's Apostle
said, "Has Dhul−Yadain spoken the truth?" The people replied
in the affirmative. Then Allah's Apostle stood up and offered
the remaining two rak`at and performed Taslim, and then said
Takbir and performed two prostrations like his usual
prostrations, or a bit longer, and then got up.
2.320:
Narrated Salama bin 'Alqama: I asked Muhammad (bin Seereen)
whether Tashah−hud should be recited after the two
prostrations of Sahu. He replied, "It is not (mentioned) in
Abu Huraira's narration . "
2.321:
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet offered one of the evening
prayers (the sub−narrator Muhammad said, "I think that it was
most probably the `Asr prayer") and he finished it after
offering two rak`at only. He then stood near a price of wood
in front of the Mosque and put his hand over it. Abu Bakr and
`Umar were amongst those who were present, but they dared not
talk to him about that (because of excessive respect for him),
and those who were in a hurry went out. They said, "Has the
prayer been reduced?" A man who was called Dhul−Yadain by the
Prophet said (to the Prophet), "Has the prayer been reduced or
have you forgotten?" He said, "Neither have I forgotten, nor
has the prayer been reduced." He said, "Certainly you have
forgotten." So the Prophet offered two more rak`at and
performed Taslim and then said Takbir and performed a
prostration of Sahu like his ordinary prostration or a bit
longer and then raised his head and said Takbir and then put
his head down and performed a prostration like his ordinary
prostration or a bit longer, and then raised his head and said
Takbir.
2.322:
Narrated `Abdullah bin Buhaina Al−Asdi: (the ally of Bani
`Abdul Muttalib) Allah's Apostle stood up for the Zuhr prayer
and he should have sat (after the second rak`a but he stood up
for the third rak`a without sitting for Tashah−hud) and when
he finished the prayer he performed two prostrations and said
Takbir on each prostration while sitting, before ending (the
prayer) with Taslim; and the people too performed the two
prostrations with him instead of the sitting he forgot.
2.323:
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "When the call for
prayer is made, Satan takes to his heels passing wind so that
he may not hear the Adhan and when the call is finished he
comes back, and when the Iqama is pronounced, Satan again
takes to his heels, and when the Iqama is finished he comes
back again and tries to interfere with the person and his
thoughts and say, "Remember this and that (which he has not
thought of before the prayer)", till the praying person
forgets how much he has prayed. If anyone of you does not
remember whether he has offered three or four rak`at then he
should perform two prostrations of Sahu while sitting.
2.324:
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "When anyone of
you stands for the prayers, Satan comes and puts him in doubts
till he forgets how many rak`at he has prayed. So if this
happens to anyone of you, he should perform two prostrations
of Sahu while sitting.
2.325:
Narrated Kuraib:
I was sent to Aisha by Ibn `Abbas, Al−Miswar bin Makhrama and
`Abdur−Rahman bin Azhar . They told me to greet her on their
behalf and to ask her about the offering of the two rak`at
after the `Asr prayer and to say to her, "We were informed
that you offer those two rak`at and we were told that the
Prophet had forbidden offering them." Ibn `Abbas said, "I
along with `Umar bin Al−Khattab used to beat the people
whenever they offered them." I went to Aisha and told her that
message. `Aisha said, "Go and ask Um Salama about them." So I
returned and informed them about her statement. They then told
me to go to Um Salama with the same question with which t sent
me to `Aisha. Um Salama replied, "I heard the Prophet
forbidding them. Later I saw him offering them immediately
after he prayed the `Asr prayer. He then entered my house at a
time when some of the Ansari women from the tribe of Bani
Haram were sitting with me, so I sent my slave girl to him
having said to her, 'Stand beside him and tell him that Um
Salama says to you, "O Allah's Apostle! I have heard you
forbidding the offering of these (two rak`at after the `Asr
prayer) but I have seen you offering them." If he waves his
hand then wait for him.' The slave girl did that. The Prophet
beckoned her with his hand and she waited for him. When he had
finished the prayer he said, "O daughter of Bani Umaiya! You
have asked me about the two rak`at after the `Asr prayer. The
people of the tribe of `Abdul−Qais came to me and made me busy
and I could not offer the two rak`at after the Zuhr prayer.
These (two rak`at that I have just prayed) are for those
(missed) ones.
2.326:
Narrated Sahl bin Sa`d As−Sa`idi : The news about the
differences amongst the people of Bani `Amr bin `Auf reached
Allah's Apostle and so he went to them along with some of his
companions to affect a reconciliation between them. Allah's
Apostle was delayed there, and the time of the prayer was due.
Bilal went to Abu Bakr and said to him, "Allah's Apostle has
been delayed (there) and the time of prayer is due. So will
you lead the people in prayer?" Abu Bakr said, "Yes, if you
wish." Bilal pronounced the Iqama and Abu Bakr, went forward
and said Takbir for the people. In the meantime Allah's
Apostle came crossing the rows (of the praying people) and
stood in the (first) row and the people started clapping. Abu
Bakr, would never glance sideways in his prayer but when the
people clapped much he looked back and (saw) Allah's Apostle .
Allah's Apostle beckoned him to carry on the prayer. Abu Bakr
raised his hands and thanked Allah, and retreated till he
reached the (first) row. Allah's Apostle went forward and led
the people in the prayer. When he completed the prayer he
faced the people and said, "O people! Why did you start
clapping when something unusual happened to you in the prayer?
Clapping is only for women. So whoever amongst you comes
across something in the prayer should say, 'Subhan−Allah' for
there is none who will not turn round on hearing him saying
Subhan−Allah. O Abu Bakr! What prevented you from leading the
people in the prayer when I beckoned you to do so?" Abu Bakr
replied, "How dare the son of Abu Quhafa lead the prayer in
the presence of Allah's Apostle ?"
2.327:
Narrated Asma':
I went to `Aisha and she was standing praying and the people,
too, were standing (praying). So I said, "What is the matter
with the people?" She beckoned with her head towards the sky.
I said, "(Is there) a sign?" She nodded intending to say,
"Yes."
2.328:
Narrated `Aisha the wife of the Prophet: Allah's Apostle
during his illness prayed in his house sitting, whereas some
people followed him standing, but the Prophet beckoned them to
sit down. On completion of the prayer he said, "The Imam is to
be followed. So, bow when he bows, and raise your head when he
raises his head." (See Hadith No. 657 Vol 1 for taking the
verdict).

if you need more info about hadith , search our blog or search in web , becouse we are add hadiths daily inshaallah


any mistakes in this article ? please inform me

No comments:

Post a Comment