Friday, November 28, 2014

ProphetsJourney to heavens

Narrated Abu Dhar:
Allah's Apostlesaid, "While I was at Meccathe roof of my house was openedand Gabriel descended, openedmy chest,and washedit with Zamzam water. Thenhe broughta golden tray full of wisdom and faith and having poured its contents into my chest,he closedit. Thenhe tookmy hand and ascendedwith me to the nearestheaven, when I reachedthe nearestheaven, Gabriel said to the gatekeeperof the heaven, 'Open(the gate).' The gatekeeperasked,'Who is it?' Gabriel answered: 'Gabriel.' He asked,'Is thereanyonewith you?' Gabriel replied, 'Yes, MuhammadI is with me.' He asked,'Has he beencalled?'Gabriel said, 'Yes.' So the gatewas openedand we wentover the nearest heaven and therewe saw a man sittingwith some peopleon his rightand someon his left. When he lookedtowards his right,he laughedand when he lookedtoward his left he wept. Thenhe said, 'Welcome!O piousProphet and piousson.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' He replied, 'He is Adam and the peopleon his rightand left are the souls of his offspring.Thoseon his rightare the peopleof Paradise and thoseon his left are the peopleof Hell and when he looks towards his righthe laughs and when he looks towards his left he weeps.'
Thenhe ascendedwith me till he reachedthe secondheaven and he (Gabriel) said to its gatekeeper,'Open(the gate).' The gatekeepersaid to him the sameas the gatekeeperof the first heaven had said and he openedthe gate. Anas said: "Abu Dhar addedthatthe Prophet met Adam, Idris, Moses,Jesusand Abraham, he (Abu Dhar) did notmentionon whichheaven they werebuthe mentionedthathe (the Prophet ) met Adam on the nearestheaven and Abraham on the sixthheaven. Anas said, "When Gabriel along with the Prophet passedby Idris, the latter said, 'Welcome!O pious Prophet and piousbrother.' The Prophet asked, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Idris." The Prophet added,"I passedby Mosesand he said, 'Welcome!O piousProphet and piousbrother.' I askedGabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Moses.'ThenI passedby Jesusand he said, 'Welcome!O piousbrother and piousProphet.' I asked,'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Jesus.
ThenI passedby Abraham and he said, 'Welcome! O piousProphet and piousson.' I askedGabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Abraham. The Prophet added,'ThenGabriel ascendedwith me to a place where I heardthe creaking of the pens." Ibn Hazm and Anas bin Malik said: The Prophet said, "Then Allah enjoinedfifty prayerson my followers when I returnedwith thisorderof Allah, I passedby Moseswho askedme, 'What has Allah enjoinedon your followers?'I replied, 'He has enjoinedfifty prayerson them.'Mosessaid, 'Go backto your Lord (and appeal for reduction)for your followers will notbe able to bear it.' (So I wentbackto Allah and requestedfor reduction)and He reducedit to half. When I passedby Mosesagain and informed him aboutit, he said, 'Go backto your Lord as your followerswill notbe able to bear it.' So I returned to Allah and requestedfor furtherreductionand half of it was reduced.I again passedby Mosesand he said to me: 'Returnto your Lord, for your followers will notbe able to bear it. So I returnedto Allah and He said, 'Theseare five prayersand they are all (equal to) fifty (in reward) for My Word doesnot change.'I returnedto Mosesand he told me to go backonceagain. I replied, 'Now I feel shy of asking my Lord again.' ThenGabriel tookme till we '' reachedSidrat-il-Muntaha (Lote tree of; the utmost boundary) whichwas shroudedin colors, indescribable.ThenI was admittedinto Paradise where I foundsmall (tents or) walls (made) of pearlsand its earth was of musk."
(Sahih Bukhari, Volume 01,08. Prayer,Hadith 345)

No comments:

Post a Comment